Angus Heaven Ranch
Senior Project Manager
2005 – 2009
Entrepreneur with the drive for success managing numerous endeavors all under the same corporation. This enterprise consisted of managing a registered herd of Black Angus cattle, Managing a medium size Haying operation and managing a Grading, Excavation and Demolition operation.
Grading, Excavation and Demolition
- Was responsible for bidding, obtaining contracts and overseeing all aspects of Grading, Excavation and Demolition work.
- Managed two part time employees and 1 full time employee.
- Managed Grading/excavation sites for new construction.
- Managed demolition of old barns, houses, and other structures as contracted.
- Managed disposal of materials from demolition.
- Managed clearing of land.
- Managed removal of large beaver dams in rivers, streams ponds on privately owned properties.
- Managed restoration of timber lands.
- Managed repairs of pond damns, drains and levies.
- Managed construction of driveways on private land.
- Managed the clearing of right of ways, fire breaks and fence lines on private properties.
- Managed the fertilization, weed control and harvesting of 200 acres of Coastal Bermuda hay.
- Managed the baling operations which consisted of baling 2000 square bales a year.
- Managed the baling operations which consisted of baling 1000 round bales a year.
- Managed the storing of hay harvested for sale.
- Managed the delivery of hay to customers.
- Managed the levels of hay needed to feed stock through the winter.
- Managed clients and annual needs of hay.
- Managed the breeding and genetics of a registered herd of Black Angus cattle.
- Managed the feeding schedule of the herd throughout the year.
- Managed the herd health.
- Managed calving schedules.
- Managed sale of cattle to producers.
- Managed the registrations of all newborn calves.
- Managed the transfer of registrations to new owners when cattle were sold.
- Managed the size of the herd maintained based on productive land available for grazing.
- Managed the grazing schedules for pastures.
- Managed the types of forages planted for winter grazing.
- Managed organic fertilization of all grazing land.
- Managed construction of fences.
- Managed containment of herd.