State of Louisiana – Dept. of Health and Hospitals
2012 – Feb 2015
PMO Director overlooking all Medicaid MMIS projects—managed workloads, define deliverables, hired and mentored resources, conducted performance reviews, and ensured compliance with established PMO processes.
- Spearheaded the development of the first-ever Program Management Office; defined, improved, managed and monitored project management processes, including those related to requirements management, change control, and user acceptance testing.
- Directed all services, resources, and project plans for major scalable enterprise solutions supporting $600 million with unique ability to drive transformational change in both business and technology leadership roles.
- Led multi-functional business and technology teams of up to 300 members under an operating budget exceeding $200 million.
- Directed business analysis for projects exceeding $200 million that included requirements, success criteria, milestones, Key Performance indicators (KPIs), and Work Breakdown Structures.
- Improved business processes, facilitated transition from paper-based to electronic systems boosting productivity levels in less than a year.
- Led matrixed teams driving procurements for innovative software systems and applications to improve efficiencies and align with CMS vision for State Medicaid agencies.
- Enhanced project visibility to determine project status for Executive decision-making.
- Implemented Tools, Improved, Monitored Application and Enforcement of Policies and Procedures within the PMO office.
- Managed IV&V efforts.
- Worked with CMS to obtain project approvals.
Senior Project Manager
Top-performing Senior Project Manager consistently sought out to reengineer troubled projects to ensure the successful completion (on-time, on-budget, and meeting business requirements) of all DHH IT Projects.
- Managed enterprise level projects.
- Pioneered vision and implementation of a new IT financial analysis and internal project tracking process for a large IT department supporting major programs offices including Aging & Adult Services, Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, Medicaid and Public Health.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors. Participated in proposal response and vendor selections.
- Monitored contractor and project performance, deliverables, quality, contracts, budget and enhanced quality assurance and maintained timelines
- Reengineered vendor policy to enhance quality assurance and to identify risks and issues at earlier stages during the project; managed contracts for all IT vendors including website development, hosting, IT operations, and IT applications development.
- Established/built relationships with stakeholders, managing stakeholder expectations, managing project scope, managing risks/issues, managing project change controls, managing project resources.
- Created, managed and produced, Request for Proposals (RFP), Solicitation for Proposals (SFP), Contracts.
- Maintained project documents (i.e. Communication Plans, Work Plans, Stakeholder Registers, Resource Management Plans, Roles/Responsibility Matrixes, Resource Plans, Communications Plans, Project Charters, Project Status Reports, etc.).